We took the training wheels off of Riley's bike yesterday and he spent some time practicing tipping and catching himself with his feet. Then I helped him with some pedaling, but I'm not terribly talented when it comes to keeping him balanced while running along side him. So, we switched learning techniques to having Riley start himself off and go as far as he could before he tipped. He can go 4 feet all by himself already- way to go, Riley! We cut the practice session short because it was so HOT (over 90 degrees) and he was roasting because I made him wear jeans in case he wiped out. As you can see he needed to rest in the grass after all of his hard work. On a side note, Cabot got a helmet too and loves to wear it. He is still trying to learn how to pedal the trike though. (=




No comments:
Post a Comment