10/05/2008

Cabot Update

Well, my little Cabot is not so little anymore! He is a big two year old who is almost fully potty trained, feeds himself (even peas on a spoon), can drink out of a glass, colors – although he calls all art-type activities “painting,” can put on most shirts by himself, recognizes star and triangle shapes, can count to 10, can count items, and can sing many of the letters WITH the appropriate sounds from Riley’s Kindergarten alphabet song. The little Babbit has gotten so good at talking that we can understand most of his sentences, and he understands directions too – he even follows them most of the time. (=

Some of my favorite things that Cabot says are still the cute baby-ish things like, “I got it, I got it!” when he is excited he got something. He also says, “I dropped it,” when he drops things. It’s adorable how he says these phrases – I need to get them videotaped!! He calls any sweet treat, “cake” and he can read his dinosaur book to himself, very cute!!! Speaking of reading… Cabot was looking through a Mickey Mouse book the other day while sitting on the toilet and he pointed to Donald Duck while saying to himself, “Is that Mickey Mouse?? NO, that’s not Mickey Mouse, that’s Donald Duck!!” Then he laughed and laughed, he cracks himself and the rest of us up!! (=

Here is a common sounding conversation with Cabot:
Cabot: Watch Big jet, Watch Big jet.
Mom: Do you want to watch Big Jet?
Cabot: Okay (said in an “oh if you really want me to, if you insist” tone of voice)


Some of Cabot’s favorite activities are playing in BoBo’s bed with him and going “outside!!” He loves to collect “pinecones” and carry them around in a bucket. And now that the playhouse is in working/playing condition he also likes to spend a lot of time in there. Cabot also loves music and runs around with a harmonica, recorder, guitar or toy trumpet a lot of the time. He also likes to practice “pee-no” like BoBo practices piano.

It’s hard to get any candid photos of Cabot anymore, as soon as he sees the camera he flashes the camera a big grin and says, “CHEESE!” Such a little ham. (=

You know how Riley couldn’t stand to wear socks when he was little – or even now? Well, Cabot is just the opposite! I usually put socks on him before his nap, but I didn’t realize I NEEDED to. The other day I forgot to put socks on him and when I started to rock him he started crying and saying, “socks on, socks on…” As soon as I put his socks on him he was happy. As far as naps go nowadays, he lets me rock him for 2-5 minutes and then he wants to go in his “cib.” Sometime between 10 minutes and an hour later he takes his nap, just depends how much playing he had to do. The days he doesn’t fall asleep until later he is a little cranky when I wake him up to go get BoBo from Kindergarten. But, he gets over it quickly. Cabot also prefers me to Dad for bedtime now! As soon as I take him to give him a hug goodnight he turns to John waves and says, “bye-bye, Daddy.” It’s sooo cute! (=

Cabot is just an adorable, sweet little guy who gives great hugs and snuggles, we are very lucky to have him!











No comments: