So I was putting Cabot to bed tonight and we were singing the alphabet song from Riley's school (A-A Alligator a-a-a...). We have long been wondering how we were going to get him to learn the "real" alphabet song that we all know and love because he is so good at the one from Riley's school which teaches the kids the sounds of the letters. So just for the fun of it I start singing it "A-B-C-D-E-F-G" and I stop. Then he picks up "H-I-J-K-LMNOP". So then Riley comes in "A-B-C-D", Cabot responds with "E-F-G" and they keep going back and forth all the way through the alphabet!
We likened it to how when Riley doesn't tell us anything about kindergarten when we ask but then out of the blue will tell us about something, like we should have known that they do that (whatever it might be).
So unbeknownst to us, Cabot knows the alphabet song - Anybody want to take credit for it? (we know Riley probably taught him...)
11/24/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It wasn't me! I'm gonna teach him about Metallica instead :) Way to go Babbit!!! :)
I would be happy to take the credit! I am an English teacher after all. :)
-Aunt Molly
Post a Comment