2/25/2009

What a Week So Far!!

Wow - Riley is having quite a good couple of days! He went to his first Art and Science Fair last night. I did a Starry Night Art Adventure with the Kinders and we entered all of their paintings in the Art and Science Fair - check out the photo of Riley standing by his "Starry Night" painting. At the Art and Science Fair Riley entered a coloring contest and had a GREAT time looking at all the inventions and science things - he even figured out why one of the inventions wasn't working quite right! He told me he thought it would work better if they had a shorter string - and I believe he was right! We went to Perkins with Nenny and Nonn after the Fair and he started planning out some inventions of his own so he can enter them in the Science part of the fair next year - he was sooo cute (and smart) and when he came home he started drawing his ideas in his invention notebook and has already started making his invention. When we got home last night Riley said it was his funnest night ever!

THEN, we had today... When I picked Riley up from school he said he had TONS of stuff in his backpack- but we didn't get a chance to look at it right away. As soon as John got home we went to Nick Universe to try out some of the games and get ideas for the school carnival. We let Riley and Cabot play a few of the games and you know that one where you try to toss a ping pong ball in the floaty cups (which in itself is darn-neared impossible) and they have the ONE cup in the middle that wins the big prize?? Well, Riley hit that cup!! He won a huge Tweety (or as he calls it "chick" because we are a Disney family and he doesn't know who Tweety Bird is). He was SOO excited! We let the boys go one some rides and had a burger in the food court, then we came home for bed and remembered we hadn't checked his backpack... Inside was a certificate for his entry in the Art and Science Fair - and a box of 48 crayons with a $10 Target gift card attached because he WON the coloring contest!! He reminded me, "I told you I thought I was going to win." And last night he did say he thought he was going to win... too bad he can't buy lottery tickets. (=







1 comment:

cajoby said...

Way to go Riley Bobo! I can't wait to see your next invention :)