Riley and I are very excited for Harry Potter to come out - he has been reading the books too, all on his own. As he said, "You know why I can read them, you know why they don't scare me? Because I don't know what they really say, I'm just making it up!" (followed by hysterical laughing)
Well, we got to Barnes and Noble to pick up our wristbands at 9:02 this morning and the line was already huge - we waited for an hour and a half to get our wristband. All the wristband does is allow you to buy a book at midnight tonight, but you get to buy in order of wristband numbers so I reserved 3 copies so I can get Cady's and Michelle's book at the same time as mine.
Riley was super good in line - but he almost threw up in the car on the way home because he hadn't eaten yet. We had no idea the line would be so long...
When Riley was reading one of my Harry Potter books yesterday he said this is what he read, "Harry Potter was in his hideout. Then Harry went to get his hair cut and he saw Lord Vodemort riding his motorcycle, so Harry raced back and got to his hideout just in time.
"Then, and you're going to think this is really funny, Harry Potter was crying because he couldn't let Vodemort into his hideout. Then Lord Vodemrort told him he was really nice now so Harry let him in."
A couple of weeks ago Riley told me he thought Harry should do magic to Lord Voldemort to, "make his nose grow so long that he could tie his legs together with it. Then he couldn't chase anyone anymore."
I'll keep you posted on what else happens in Riley's Harry Potter reading adventures. He's pretty cute and creative isn't he?
7/20/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment