9/03/2008

KINDERGARTEN!

Riley had his first day of Kindergarten today (he calls it his second since we had the orientation yesterday). He did SO AWESOME! When we got there Mrs. Lambert met us at the classroom door and asked about his BEE (Bring Everything Everyday) binder that she gave us yesterday. She suggested they get it out of his backpack to put in his mailbox. Riley said sure, gave her a big smile and went along with her. We just said good-bye and he went with Mrs. Lambert without one tear, he didn't even ask us to stay. He is such a big boy! When we picked him up he ran right over and gave us hugs and he said he REALLY LIKES Kindergarten!

We were so busy working on the playhouse and having a celebratory fancy dinner that Riley was too busy to tell me all about his day at school. (I'll get more info tomorrow I promise.) But I did get a few highlights from him: They got to go outside and check the thermometer and then come in and mark the temp on the inside thermometer. Mrs. Lambert had a surprise for them, they got to go to the playground. A couple of kids forgot their snacks, so Mrs. Lambert gave them goldfish. And, "I ran out of hugs and kisses (I gave him a bunch to last the whole class before he went to Kindergarten) 1 minute before Kindergarten was over. The hug machine said it was OUT. But that's OK because I can make it one minute without them." So, tomorrow I will give him more hugs and kisses so they will last the whole day. (=


I'm so proud of my Riley - he is getting to be such a big boy! AND, he already knows all the words they have on the calendar to learn in Kindergarten this month. Smart boy! (=





1 comment:

cajoby said...

Good job Bobo! I just knew you were going to have fun at school :)