1/29/2009

Riley's First Report Card

Riley got his very first report card yesterday and he did sooo well! He got all 3s and 4s – 3s are performing just where he should be, and 4s are performing beyond expectations! Plus Mrs. Lambert wrote that he is a great citizen and works well with others and is basically a great student! Way to go, Riley!

I gave Riley and Cabot each a peppermint patty to eat while I was reading Riley’s report card, just for the fun of it. Then, when I finished reading his report card I told Riley that I always used to get a special treat for having a good report card. So he asked me if that’s what the peppermint patty was for. (= When I told him no, that was just a little treat and he could get something else if he wanted to he replied very earnestly, “The peppermint patty is good enough.” He is such a sweet and thoughtful little guy who truly appreciates everything in life.

Riley also got to go to the Writer’s Round Table at school yesterday. He told me all about it at bedtime. 3 kids from his class met with 3 kids from each of the other grades in the library with Mr. A. They all sat at the tables and took turns reading their own stories to each other. Riley even got to go first because Mr. A asked for a January birthday and he said January 17th was his. So, he got up in front of all of those kids (he counted 18 in his head he thought, but then said maybe it was 15) and read his snowman story that he wrote in Kindergarten. I asked him if he was scared or nervous and he said, “No, why would I be?” How cute!

Way to go, BoBo, we are very proud of you!

2 comments:

cajoby said...

Good job Bobo!!! :)

Anonymous said...

good job riley!!! im so proud of you for getting a great card!! and i think its great that you are not nervous at all to talk in front of a group of people...you are braver than me:)